I share a Natural DIY Body Scrub recipe for Blood Orange Ginger Exfoliant that will leave your skin naturally smooth and soft.
Ladies, you can’t tell me you don’t love a good spa day. But after an expensive holiday season, I can barely justify a $30 pedi, nevermind a full day at the spa. So why not bring the spa to your own home with a Natural DIY Body Scrub?
How to Make a Natural DIY Body Scrub
This Blood Orange Ginger Exfoliant is made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen so it’s all natural and absolutely delicious (trust me, I maybe sampled a little bit). Made with just sugar, honey, almond oil, ginger, and Sunkist Blood Oranges and Cara Cara oranges, this Naturally DIY Body Scrub feels as good as it looks.
Sunkist citrus is packed with powerful antioxidants that we know are good for our bodies, but why not give your skin a little nourishing treat as well? I usually make a big batch of this yummy Blood Orange Ginger exfoliant, keep it in the fridge until I have a quiet evening to myself, and then indulge in a luxurious spa day at home.
Sunkist Blood Oranges are available from December until April, and the Cara Cara’s are here until May, but if you want to make this in the Summer or Fall you can easily substitute Sunkist Navel Oranges, Grapefruits or Meyer Lemons which would be equally refreshing.
If you’re looking for some more great DIY beauty hacks, check out my Youtube video here and my blog post here.
In the meantime, I want to know what your favourite Natural DIY beauty secrets are?
Have you tried making this DIY Body Scrub recipe?
What ingredients do you have in the house that you would add to your exfoliant?
Disclaimer: This post was developed in partnership with Sunkist, but all opinions are genuine.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 2 tsp Sunkist Blood Orange zest
- 2 tbsp Sunkist Blood Orange juice
- 2 tsp Sunkist Cara Cara orange zest
- 2 tbsp Sunkist Cara Cara Orange juice
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, honey, oil, ginger, citrus zests and juices.
- Store in an air tight container until ready to use.
- Put a small dollop of the scrub onto your arms, hands, feet and legs, and gently massage in circles. Rinse off thoroughly before patting yourself dry.