This DIY Natural Air Freshener Recipe is a delicious Slow Cooker Citrus and Maple Air Scent with Pears, Rosemary and Cinnamon.
I’m one of those people that is allergic to everything that smells good. Candles, incense, perfumes– if it smells nice, I’m probably going to start sneezing, crying, coughing or all of the above. What I can tolerate (and absolutely adore) is the smell of sweet dessert in the oven, stove or slow cooker. And hey, I’m all for dessert, but after an indulgent holiday, I’m trying my best to cut back on the sweets. My solution? Get the aroma without the calories by creating a DIY Natural Air Freshener in the Slow Cooker.
How to Make a DIY Natural Air Freshener
This Slow Cooker Citrus & Maple Air Scent is the best way to lure people into your apartment or house. I mean, if you want company, that is.
Just think about all of your favourite comforting cold weather baking smells. Mine include ingredients like pear, vanilla, rosemary, cinnamon, maple and of course, beautiful citrus. I use a combination of Sunkist citrus in this recipe including Clementines, Meyer Lemons, Cara Cara oranges and Navel oranges but feel free to focus on just one or two of your go-tos if you prefer. The good news is that you can find any of these in the winter, and the Meyer Lemons and Navel Oranges are available all year round (yay!)
Now that you know my absolute favourite aromas, I want to know:
What ingredients would you put in your DIY Natural Air Freshener?
What do you think of my slow cooker citrus & maple combination?
Leave me a comment below with your ideas!
DIY Natural Air Freshener | Slow Cooker Citrus & Maple Air Scent
- 2 in Sunkist Clementines rind removed strips and juiced
- 2 in Sunkist Meyer Lemons rind removed strips and juiced
- 1 in Sunkist Cara Cara orange rind removed strips and juiced
- 1 in Sunkist Navel Orange rind removed strips and juiced
- 1 pear sliced
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean split or 1 . vanilla extract
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 tbsp . maple syrup
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ cup water
- Place the citrus rinds, juices, pear, vanilla, rosemary, maple syrup, cinnamon and water into a slow cooker. Turn the heat on high and leave the lid off. Check on it every few hours, and if the water is completely come and about to scorch, add another half cup as needed.
- Breathe in the beautiful aroma!
Disclaimer: This post was developed in paid partnership with Sunkist, however, all opinions are genuine.