This Gluten Free Shrimp Taco Dip is layered with Guacamole, Mango Salsa and a fresh Mexican Bean Salad. It’s the perfect cool shareable dish for Summer entertaining by the pool or BBQ.
Everyone in my house loves Mexican night. It’s always flavourful, easy to put together, and usually is accompanied by tequila. #winwin
How to Make a Wicked Shrimp Taco Dip
This recipe kind of combines all of the different components of a make-your-own taco night in one layered Shrimp Taco Dip. I layer in some delicious cooked shrimp with a guacamole layer, a mango salad layer, and a black bean layer. This taco dip is also totally gluten free (assuming you use corn chips for dipping) so it’s great for entertaining a wide variety of guests with dietary constraints.
Also, I have a confession. I’m calling this a dip for the sake of a blog title, but in my house it does double duty as a dip and a salad. When I’m entertaining, I like this shrimp taco dip as a fun sharable first course served with chips and sliced veg, and when I’m hungry on a Tuesday, I eat this as a tortilla-less taco salad. It’s delicious either way and you’re going to agree.
In this recipe, I like using Choice Harvest premium shrimp because they contain no chemicals, additives, or antibiotics and are sustainably farmed and harvested.
And the best part? Because they’re pre-cooked, this shrimp taco dip comes together in a snap so I can get back to enjoying this beautiful Summer weather with friends.
What ingredients do you like to put in your taco dip?
Have you tried a three layered shrimp taco dip? Leave me a comment below about your favourite dippable combinations!
Photo credit: Kyla Zanardi
Gluten Free Shrimp Taco Dip with Guacamole, Mango and Mexican Bean Salad
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp 2% Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and deveined
- 2 tbsp finely minced red onion
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lb cooked Choice Harvest shelled deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 can of black beans rinsed and dried
- 3/4 cup corn kernels frozen and thawed or fresh and blanched
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 roma tomato seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 small lime or 1/2 a large
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce finely minced (seeds included or removed if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large mangos peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp reserved red bell pepper minced
- 2 tbsp green onions finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Corn chips for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a bowl, mash the avocados with the lime juice and yogurt. Mix in the jalapeno, red onion, tomatoes, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix everything together except 2 tablespoons of the red bell pepper in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Mix everything except the corn chips and additional cilantro together in a medium bowl (including the reserved bell pepper) and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Layer the avocado shrimp into the bottom of a ring mold or a dessert glass. Top with the bean salad layer, and finish with the mango salsa. Serve with corn chips and extra cilantro, if desired.
Disclaimer: This recipe was developed in paid partnership with Choice Harvest Shrimp, however, as always, all opinions are genuine.
Updated on May 10th, 2019
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.