This Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Salad is the perfect Gluten Free Summer Potluck Recipe for entertaining friends and family with dietary restrictions!
OK guys, you caught me. I’m totally obsessed with buffalo ANYTHING. Recently, I’ve made buffalo chicken fingers, buffalo cauliflower tacos, and buffalo cauliflower steaks! But with summer finally approaching, and the first big outdoor event of the year around the corner (hello Memorial Day), I thought a traditional picnic or potluck recipe was in order. I’m a huge fan of pasta salad (in fact, one of my all time most popular recipes is THIS vegan gluten free pesto bad boy!), so I knew another was in order for this Summer ahead. This gluten free vegan buffalo cauliflower pasta salad is insanely delicious, packed with spicy-sweet flavour and lots of yummy veggies.
How to Make Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Salad
This is a crazy simple recipe but will IMMEDIATELY become your go-to pasta salad without a doubt regardless of whether or not you’re vegan or gluten free. To make this gluten free vegan buffalo cauliflower pasta salad, you’ll want to start by roasting a head of cauliflower at a super high heat until caramelized and golden. Then I simply add it to a bowl full of gluten free fusilli, penne or macaroni, along with some chopped up carrots and celery.
But the real key to this summer potluck friendly pasta salad is the sauce. It’s a simple combination of hot sauce (always Frank’s of course!), agave (or honey, if you’re not vegan), lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Seriously, it could not be simpler.
I top mine off with a cooling drizzle of vegan ranch dip, but you can totally omit this in a pinch. I’m partial to my vegan buffalo cauliflower pasta salad just as it is, but if you’re not vegan, you can totally add chicken to this, and if you’re not gluten free, by all means, use whatever pasta you like! It’s all about that spicy sweet sauce that literally EVERYONE recognizes and loves.
Now lovelies, let me know- what are some of your go-to pasta salad recipes?
Have you tried making this gluten free vegan buffalo cauliflower pasta salad?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 lb gluten free or whole grain fusilli or penne
- 2-4 carrots depending on size, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 3 tbsp chives minced
- 1/2 pack ranch dip seasoning mix
- 1 cup vegan plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Spread the cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes, turning and tossing once.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the box’s directions. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the carrots, celery, and cauliflower to the pasta.
- In a bowl, mix together the hot sauce, oil, agave, lemon and salt to taste. Toss generously with the pasta salad.
- In another small bowl, mix together the seasoning mix and yogurt. Transfer to a piping bag.
- To serve, drizzle the ranch sauce over the pasta salad and top with the minced chives.
Updated on July 1st, 2020
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.