Chicken with Almond, Olive and Roasted Red Pepper Relish
- In a dry pan, toast the almonds over medium heat until lightly golden and fragrant. Keep a close eye on these as they can burn pretty quickly! Remove from pan and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Heat some oil in a cast iron pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and a touch of oregano. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides, then pop into the oven until it reaches 165 F (this usually takes me about 20 minutes.. depends on the size though, so I ALWAYS use a thermometer).
- Heat up the orange juice in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then add in the raisins. Let the raisins sit in the juice until they plump up.
- Right before serving, toss the roasted red peppers, olives and almonds with the juice and raisins, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the compote over the chicken breasts and enjoy!
Updated on September 8th, 2020
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.