Healthy Red Velvet Fondue
This Healthy Red Velvet Fondue is a perfect Gluten Free and Red Food Dye Free treat for Valentine’s Day that your sweetie will love!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 16 people
Red Velvet Fondue
- 1 small beet peeled and steamed until very soft
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup lite coconut milk divided
- 2 100 g bars of Green & Black’s Organic 70% Dark Chocolate finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 1 100 g bar of Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate finely chopped
- 6 tbsp lite cream cheese softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk
In a food processor or blender, puree the beet with the coconut oil and ¼ cup of coconut milk until very smooth. Set aside.
Place the white chocolate into a glass bowl set over a pot with 1 inch of simmering water over low heat until melted. Allow to cool to just above room temperature, then mix in the softened cream cheese and coconut milk. Set aside.
Place the dark chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pot with 1 inch of simmering water over low heat. Add in the remaining ¾ cup of coconut oil and allow to gently melt. Stir in the beet puree.
Layer the chocolate and the cream cheese chocolate in the fondue pot and give the cream cheese chocolate a nice swirl pattern on top by dragging a toothpick between the dark and white chocolate.
Serve with fruit, cookies and marshmallows for dipping, and sprinkles or coconut for decorating.