Gluten Free Shakshuka Recipe with Zucchini and Feta | Healthy & Vegetarian
This easy one-pot gluten free Shakshuka recipe with zucchini and feta is super healthy, low in fat and vegetarian.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion finely sliced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne or to taste
- 4-8 eggs depending how hungry you are
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Pinch Za'atar
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Heat the oil in a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and slightly browned. Add in the zucchini and bell pepper and stir until they develop a bit of colour. Then add in the garlic and saute for an extra 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add in the tomato sauce, spinach, cumin, paprika and cayenne and stir until combined. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper then create 4 wells in the mixture.
Crack the eggs into the wells and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked through but the yolks remain slightly runny.
Garnish with feta cheese and za'atar and serve with crusty bread.