Sumac Shrimp & Crispy Chickpea Salad with Figs, Beets, and Feta
The combination of crunchy chickpeas, nutty tahini, sweet figs, tart pickled beets, salty feta, spicy paprika and cooling fresh mint all come together in a harmonious and addictive bite.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 11 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt pepper and sumac to taste
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp shells and tails removed
- 1 pinch salt, paprika and sumac generous pinch of each
- 6 cups Spring Mix lettuce
- 1/2 cup pickled beets sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves chiffonade
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta crumbled
- 8 figs quartered
- 1 English cucumber halved, seeded and thinly sliced
To make the salad dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Adjust seasonings, as necessary. Set aside.
Preheat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chickpeas and a generous pinch of salt, pepper and paprika. Saute until golden and crispy, shaking or stirring often, for about 6 minutes.
Preheat the oil in the nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp, along with a pinch of salt, paprika and sumac. Cook, flipping once, until shrimp are pink and curled- about 3-5 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix together the lettuce, cucumber, beets, figs, feta and mint.
Divide the salad between four plates, top with the shrimp, chickpeas and the salad dressing.