Warm Blood Orange and Rosemary Olives
Inspired by Food & Wine's Warm Olives with Rosemary, Garlic & Lemon. This is one of those recipes that you can whip up in about 5 minutes with a handful of basic ingredients and everyone will marvel at how sophisticated and satisfying it is.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp large strips of zest plus 1 finely grated zest from a Blood Orange
- 1 whole sprig of rosemary plus 1 tbsp rosemary finely minced
- 4 cups mixed oil packed or brine cured olives (I used pimento-stuffed green olives, kalamata, and nicoise). Don’t use crappy canned olives, the result will just taste off.
In a small sauce pan, heat the olive oil with the garlic, strips of zest, and whole rosemary sprig over medium heat until the garlic and rosemary become very fragrant and begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
Fold the olives into the oil, along with the fine zest and minced rosemary. Toss to coat and transfer straight to a serving dish. Enjoy warm with cheese, bread and preserves.