Sunchoke, Brussels Sprouts and Pear Salad with Crispy Kasha
This sunchoke, brussels sprouts and pear salad with crispy kasha is perfect as a main or side dish and combines a nice balance of flavours and crispy textures.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 21 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup kasha
- 5 cups brussels sprouts thinly shredded on a mandoline
- 2 red pears cored and thinly cut into matchsticks
- 1 head endive thinly shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecans toasted and halved
Preheat oven to 425 F. Toss the sunchokes with oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Roast until golden brown, turning once through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
In a jar or bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup and shallot. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper, to taste.
In a nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the kasha, and toast for about 30 to 60 seconds until it smells toasty and nutty. Quickly transfer to a plate or bowl lined with paper towel.
To assemble, combine the brussels sprouts, sunchokes, pear and endive. Toss with the dressing and top with the cranberries, pecans and toasted kasha.