Gluten Free Cheese Stuffed Fish Cakes with Aged Cheddar Sauce
These gluten free cheese stuffed fish cakes with aged cheddar sauce will quickly become your go-to healthy appetizer or dinner.
Servings 16 appetizer or 4 as a main
- 2 packages The Saucy Fish Co. Smoked Haddock with Aged Cheddar and Chive Sauce frozen
- 1 ½ cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup minced chives plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- ¼ cup pulverized Chex cereal (or another rice cereal)
- 1/3 cup aged cheddar cheese finely grated
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups pulverized Chex cereal (or another rice cereal)
Preheat oven to 350 F and cook The Saucy Fish Co. Smoked Haddock filets according to package directions (I always use the convenient baggy). Cool, then flake into a large mixing bowl.
Add in the potatoes, egg, chives, parsley and cereal.
Mix into 16 balls, then using your finger, make a hole in the centre and add about a teaspoon of cheese. Form the patty around the cheese and press into a thin puck. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a nonstick silpat or parchment paper and continue with the remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
Preheat oven to 400 F. Dip the fish cakes into the egg then coat generously in the cereal. Bake for about 10 minutes, flip then bake for another 10 minutes or until hot and golden brown.
Heat the Aged Cheddar and Chive Sauce according to package directions, then add a dollop to each fish cake. Finish with minced chives, and enjoy.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 4.1mg