Buffalo Chicken Strips (Easy Sheet Pan Dinner)
Buffalo Chicken Strips are such an easy weeknight dinner. These strips of boneless chicken are dipped in a delicious homemade Buffalo sauce, then breaded with a gluten-free panko, so even bite is packed with flavour. Even better, this sheet pan dinner only takes 35 minutes to make!
Servings 4 people
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free panko bread crumbs toasted in a pan
- 1/3 gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/2 pack of Ranch dip mix
- 1 cup plain 2% greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 425 F.
In one bowl place the toasted panko breadcrumbs.
In another bowl, combine the flour and salt.
In another bowl, mix the melted butter, with hot sauce, garlic, and egg.
Dip the chicken tenders into the flour, then the egg mixture, then the panko and divide between two greased baking sheets.
Toss the carrots and celery with the olive oil and scatter around the chicken. Sprinkle everything with fleur de sel. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 F and is golden brown.
Meanwhile, mix together the ranch dip mix and yogurt.
To serve, drizzle with the dip and serve with your favourite grain like rice or quinoa.
- I like using two sheet pans to avoid overcrowding my sheet pan. However, if you have a large enough sheet pan to fit everything in, then you're welcomed to use just one.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe. Simply continue to dredge the chicken when your first batch is in the oven. When I was prepping for my baby's arrival, I tripled this buffalo chicken strips sheet pan dinner (hey, if you're going to dredge, you might as well dredge all day), so that we could enjoy half a batch for dinner, and then a lot more for later.
- Cover the sheet pans with tin foil or parchment paper to save yourself from having to scrub them afterward.