Pistachio Parsley Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad
This Pistachio Parsley Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad is the perfect gluten free, vegetarian picnic food or BBQ side dish.
Servings 6 people
- 2 cups flat Italian parsley leaves
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 2 small cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ c olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Za’atar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb gluten free or whole wheat pasta cooked
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ½ cup snap peas sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
Combine the parsley, pistachios, garlic, nutritional yeast in a food processor and puree until smooth. Then add the olive oil, lemon juice, za’atar and salt and pepper to taste.
Toss with cooked pasta and salad veggies, olives and pomegranate arils. Enjoy at room temperature.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 615mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2070IU | Vitamin C: 40.1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 5.2mg