Vegan Instant Pot Baked Beans
These Vegan Instant Pot Baked Beans with No Added Sugar are a tasty and healthy side dish for any BBQ, potluck or grill out!
Servings 12 - 16 people
- 1/2 lb dried navy beans rinsed
- 1/2 lb dried kidney beans rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sweet apples peeled and diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or more to taste
- 5.5 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard or whole grain or dijon
- 1 cup minced pitted dates
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups no salt added vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
Place all of the rinsed beans and water in the Instant Pot. Close the pot to SEALING, and set it to BEANS for 25 minutes.
Vent, then drain the beans.
Return the insert into the Instant pot and add the olive oil on SAUTEE.
Add in the onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients OMITTING the salt. Put the lid back on to SEALING, then set it to BEANS for 15 minutes.
Vent, and allow to cool, then season with salt, pepper and extra chili powder, to taste. Enjoy!
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 755mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 5.2mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3.1mg