Pistachio Protein Green Tea Nice Cream
I share my recipe for this amazing pistachio protein green tea nice cream with just a handful of healthy ingredients and no added sugar for an easy balanced dessert or snack.
Servings 1 person
- Pistachio Butter:
- ½ cup shelled Roasted Unsalted Wonderful Pistachios
- 3 tbsp pistachio oil or melted coconut oil
- Ice Cream:
- 2/3 cup low sodium 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- Agave or honey optional to taste
- Matcha powder sifted for garnish
- Roasted Unsalted Wonderful Pistachios shelled and minced
- Passion fruit raspberries, starfruit, or dragon fruit
Add the pistachios and oil to a high powdered mini food processor or blender and process until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
Combine the cottage cheese with the bananas, matcha, agave or honey to taste if using, and 2 tbsp of the pistachio butter. Process until smooth like frozen yogurt.
Transfer to a container to freeze if you prefer a scoopable ice-cream like consistency, or transfer to a bowl to enjoy right away for a more soft-serve consistency.
Top with additional pistachio butter, a sprinkle of matcha, minced pistachios and fruit.
Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 515mg | Potassium: 1302mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 3.6mg