Vegan Breakfast Burrito with Tofu Scramble
This vegan breakfast burrito with tofu scramble and black beans is a perfect post-workout snack that is ideal for healthy meal prep.
Servings 2 people
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 8 oz extra firm tofu crumbled
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large whole grain flour tortillas
- Salsa for serving
- Avocado for serving
- Vegan cheese if desired
In a small bowl, mix together the turmeric, chili, cumin, nutritional yeast, and soy milk. Set aside.
Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Add the garlic and onion and saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
Crumble the tofu and add that to the pan along with the red pepper, spinach and black beans.
Pour in the turmeric soy milk mixture and toss everything in the "sauce". Cook just until the spinach wilts.
Divide between two large flour tortillas and add any desired toppings (salsa, avocado, vegan cheese, cabbage etc.)
Roll up into a burrito and enjoy.
- The easiest way to crumble tofu is to simply crumble it up with your hands, a fork, or a potato masher!
- Avoid overfilling your burrito as it'll make it difficult to roll them up.
- Make this vegan breakfast burrito spicier by adding a pinch of cayenne powder. You can also serve your burritos with a spicy salsa instead of mild one.
- You are welcomed to swap the seasoning and spices to whatever you prefer or have in your pantry.
- If you're having trouble rolling up the burritos, you can warm the tortilla up on a clean skillet so it's more pliable.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 1046mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4887IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 6mg