Creamy Vegan Corn Soup with Protein
This Creamy Vegan Corn Soup is packed with protein from white beans and nutritional yeast, plus is naturally gluten free and loaded with veg.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 19 oz can white cannellini kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp turmeric optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut milk or almond milk for garnish
- Fresh thyme and basil for garnish
Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme and saute until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the corn, broth, almond milk, nutritional yeast, and turmeric, if using. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the corn is soft.
Transfer to a blender with cannelini beans, or puree using a hand blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Garnish with a swirl of non-dairy milk, and top with fresh thyme and basil.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 949mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 4mg