Shrimp Avocado Salad with Mango
This shrimp avocado salad with mango is the perfect no cook meal for these hot summer days when you just CAN'T heat up an oven or stove.
- 250 g cooked frozen shrimp thawed and cut into small bites
- 2 alphonso mangos diced
- 2 avocado diced
- ½ red bell pepper minced
- ¼ jalapeno ribs and seeds removed, minced
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes or to taste
- Pinch of salt
- 1 head Boston lettuce separated into cups
- Tajin seasoning for serving
- Cilantro for serving
To a bowl, mix the shrimp, mango, avocado, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, and salt. Be sure not to add the lime until you're ready to serve because if you let it sit too long the shrimp will get a bit tough.
Serve in lettuce cups and top with a sprinkle of tajin and cilantro.
- This is so easy, it can be made in 5 minutes and anyone in the family can pull it off. All you need to remember is not to add the lime juice until you're basically ready to eat because it can turn the already cooked shrimp rubbery and tough.
- If you only have raw shrimp and don't want to cook it with lime juice, you can quickly saute the shrimp, steam the shrimp, or bake the shrimp. Shrimp doesn't take a lot of time to cook, once it is opaque, the shrimp is done.
- You can turn this into a more traditional salad if you prefer by adding greens to it such as arugula, spinach, or spring mix.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 840mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3082IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 3mg