Vegan Enchilada Bowl with Rice and Beans (Pantry Staple Recipe)
This vegan enchilada bowl with rice and beans is a super simple complete meal that is made exclusively with pantry staples and cooked in one pot!
- 1 cup long grain brown rice rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese or regular cheddar!
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp green onions finely sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan sour cream
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Chopped tomatoes
In a medium saucepot, combine the brown rice and the broth. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer on medium low with the lid on. Cook for about 25 minutes, and add in the enchilada sauce. Continue to cook with the lid on until the moisture is removed, about another 10-15 minutes. You should see crater-like steam holes on the surface. If you taste it and it's still crunchy, add a splash more liquid and cook for another 5 minutes (with the lid on).
While still hot, fold in the cheese, green onions and beans, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot garnished with vegan sour cream, cilantro, green onions tomatoes and avocado.