Coconut Flour Cookies with Chocolate Chips
These coconut flour cookies with chocolate chips are not only super soft and chewy, but they are super simple to make! They are also naturally gluten and dairy free making them perfect for people with dietary intolerances.
Servings 8 Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
Add the coconut flour, almond flour, and salt
and mix until combined. Allow the mixture to rest for 3-5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb some of the moisture in the dough. Add the baking soda and mix until combined.
Add the egg and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or so to firm up slightly.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out 8 scoops of dough. Use the back of a spoon or the back of the ice cream scoop to flatten the cookies into discs.
Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until they are slightly golden. Allow them to cool slightly before moving them to a cooling rack with a spatula. These cookies will firm up and become more chewy as they cool. Enjoy them as is or dip them into your favorite dairy-free milk!
- I used Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour for this recipe. Every type of coconut flour varies in absorbancy, so keep that in mind when making these cookies.
- I used 70% dark Enjoy Life chocolate chips. The cookie itself is fairly sweet so the dark chips provide a nice contrast in flavor.
- ⅛ of a teaspoon of salt is listed, but you can taste the dough prior to adding the egg and add more salt if desired. The salt really makes the cookies a perfect blend of salty and sweet.
- These cookies will be fairly soft upon coming out of the oven, but firm up as they cool. Transfer them to a cooling rack for even cooling.
- We devoured these right away so I can’t say for sure if they’d freeze well, but my guess is that they’d be fine as long as you wrapped them tightly.
- If you are not dairy-free, you can use regular butter. Use unsalted butter and follow the recipe as written or use salted butter and omit the salt from the recipe.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 283IU | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg