Green Bean Fries with Everything Bagel Seasoning (Vegan)
These green bean fries make for the perfect vegan snack or side dish for anyone who loves everything bagel seasoning. They are crispy, flavourful, and super easy to prepare!
- 2 cups fresh green beans washed and trimmed (about 40-50 green beans)
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
Everything Bagel Mixture
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 11/2 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 11/2 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat it with nonstick spray.
Prep the green beans but washing them and cutting off the hard stems.
Prepare the everything bagel spice by mixing together the seasonings. Set aside.
Toss the green beans in flour to lightly coat them. Add dijon mustard to a shallow baking dish. In another baking dish mix panko, nutritional yeast, and everything bagel seasoning.Toss the green beans in mustard and mix till it is evenly coated. Then dredge it in panko bagel seasoning mixture, pressing to coat.
Place the green beans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
If the green bean fries are not as crispy as you want them to be, you can also broil them for 3-5 minutes at the end of their cook time. But make sure to watch the oven because broiling can go from crispy to burnt real quick!
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1394mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 816IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 3mg