Cranberry Chicken Salad with Avocado
This cranberry chicken salad with avocado makes for a delicious gluten free lunch that only requires 7 ingredients to prepare! Enjoy it with lettuce cups or as a sandwich.
- 1 medium avocado mashed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 stalks celery finely diced
- 1/3 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken note: I prefer poaching so its moist and unbrowned
- 3 tbsp finely minced red onion or shallot
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine Greek yogurt and avocado by mashing together with a fork until well combined and smooth.
Add remainder of ingredients including cranberries, celery, red onion, chicken, and pistachios.
Mix until well combined and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy with toast, crackers, or in lettuce cups.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 188IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg