Vegan Breakfast Sandwich with Tofu
This vegan breakfast sandwich with tofu is an easy healthy breakfast that you can make ahead and enjoy on-the-go!
- 8 slices 1/2” extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- Generous pinches each of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices whole grain Bread toasted
- 8 thin slices red tomato
- 4 thin slices orange vegan cheese
- Vegan mayonnaise to taste
- 1 cup microgreens sprouts or lettuce
- 8 thin red onion rings
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
In a pie plate, mix together the nutritional yeast, onion, garlic, turmeric, salt and pepper.
Press the tofu into the mixture on both sides.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add the tofu. Cook on one side for 3 minutes until golden brown, then flip to the other. Repeat with the remaining tofu pieces.
Build the breakfast sandwich by layering the avocado, tomato, onion, tofu, vegan cheese, sprouts and vegan mayonnaise on toasted bread. Top with the other slice. Enjoy!
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 1636mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 2141IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 5mg