Gluten Free Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
These gluten free pumpkin protein pancakes make perfect freezer meals that you can pull out and rewarm any day of the week!
Servings 6 (2 Pancakes Each)
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup depending on sweet you want it
- 2 tsp ground flax seed
- Pinch salt
- Non stick spray, butter or vegetable oil for greasing
- Jam, fruit sauce, syrup and/ or nuts for serving
Put all of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop about 1/4 cup of batter into circles. Cook until bubbling around the edges, then flip to cook the other side until golden brown and cooked through.
Keep the finished pancakes warm in a 200 F oven while you finish the rest of the batch. Enjoy warm with jam, sauce or other toppings, or pack into freezer bags separated by wax paper to freeze for another day. Enjoy!
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3213IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 2mg