Low Calorie Tomato & Watermelon Gazpacho (Gluten Free!)
These low calorie gluten free watermelon gazpacho is the perfect meal to cool down in the summer heat!
Servings 4 people
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups seedless watermelon diced
- 1/2 English cucumber peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 jalapeno seeds and veins removed, finely diced
- Salt and chili powder to taste
- 1/2 English cucumber finely diced
- 1 cup seedless watermelon finely diced
- 1/2 avocado finely diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling, optional*
Put the tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, lime and jalapeno in a food processor or blender and puree until very smooth. Season with salt and chili, to taste. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the finely diced cucumber, watermelon, avocado, and lime juice and season with a pinch of salt.
Divide the gazpacho into bowls, top with a heaping spoonful of the diced cucumber-watermelon mixture, and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.