Zucchini Noodle Healthy Pad Thai
This low carb healthy pad thai swaps out the noodles for zucchini noodles and is loaded with flavour.
Servings 4 people
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha or to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- Juice of 1/2 small lime
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 4 large zucchini with ends removed
- 2 large carrots peeled with ends removed
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts sliced
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp finely sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Lime wedges for serving
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add in the eggs. Season with salt and pepper, spread it to the edges, then scramble until cooked through. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
Heat another teaspoon of oil in the pan. Add the chicken breasts over medium high heat and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry until golden and cooked through. Remove to the egg bowl and set aside.
Add the sauce to the pan over medium and allow to cook for a few minutes to bubble and get syrupy. Add in the zucchini and carrots and cook until slightly softened and coated about 5 minutes. Then add in the sprouts, chicken and egg and toss until the sprouts slightly wilt and are coated in the sauce.