Beer Panzanella Salad
This delicious Panzanella Salad has a variety of fresh summer vegetables, whole grain bread and a delicious Steam Whistle beer vinaigrette. Steam Whistle beer helps to balance out the oil in the vinaigrette and cuts down on the oil without making the vinaigrette too acidic or watery.
- 1 tbsp finely minced shallots
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup Steam Whistle beer
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- pinch Generous of fleur de sel and pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 romaine lettuce head cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers cut into quarters and flattened
- 1 zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1/2 ciabatta loaf halved lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic cut in half
- 2 oz reduced fat feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup torn basil
In a mason jar or small bowl, whisk together the shallots, vinegar, juice, mustard, honey, beer and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Heat a grill to medium and lightly brush the lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and bread with olive oil and a sprinkle of fleur de sel and pepper. Grill the vegetables until lightly charred: 4 minutes per side for peppers and zucchini, 2 minutes per side for bread and romaine and 1 minute per side for tomatoes.
Roughly chop the vegetables (except the tomatoes which can be left whole). Brush the toasted bread with the cut garlic pieces until fragrant and tear into 3/4” pieces. Mix together in a bowl with torn basil and cheese.
Add the dressing to the salad and toss until coated. Enjoy.