Duke Steam Whistle Chicken Karma Masala
In celebration, why not spice up for your life with this chicken curry recipe for Duke Steam Whistle Chicken Karma Masala made with Steam Whistle Pilsner and created by the Duke Pubs’ Corporate Chef Kevin Dougal.
Servings 4 people
- 3 lbs Chicken Thighs 1.5 Kg, boneless and skinless
- 10 oz thinly sliced cooking onions 300g
- 1/8 oz chopped fresh thyme 4g
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped ginger 15 g
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped garlic 15 g
- 5 Tbsp Duke Pubs curry powder 75 g
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 120ml
- 6 1/2 cups water 1 1/2 L
- 17 oz Steam Whistle Pilsner 1/2 L
- 1 lb diced peeled potatoes, 0.5Kg
- 1/2 cup corn starch 120ml
- 1/2 cup cold water 120ml
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 oz Duke Pubs Rhubarb Chutney 45g
- 1 oz green onions 30g
- 1 oz tomatoes (peeled, seeded, chopped), 30g
- Naan bread
- 7 oz basmati rice
Mix chicken, onions, thyme, ginger, curry powder, garlic and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. Let marinate overnight.
Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a heavy pot until smoking hot.
Add marinated chicken and sauté until the chicken is browned.
Deglaze with Steam Whistle Pilsner and bring to a boil.
Add water and diced potatoes and boil until potatoes are tender.
Once potatoes are tender, add cornstarch by mixing with cold water and bring to a boil to cook starch.
Check seasoning and add salt to taste.
Prepare basmati rice as per package directions.
Chop green onions and peel and chop tomatoes.
Warm naan in oven as per package directions.