Asian Grilled Corn Salad with Coconut Milk Dressing and Spicy Peanuts
Inspired by Vegetarian Times' Thai Style Grilled Corn with Roasted Peanuts. This Asian Grilled Corn Salad with Coconut Milk Dressing and Spicy Peanuts is sure to become a family favourite that you're going to get asked to bring to every BBQ, holiday dinner and buffet.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk you can use light
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise you can use reduced fat
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ears of corn husked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups assorted microgreens (I used basil, daikon and purple cabbage)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup spicy peanuts I found lime and habanero spiced peanuts
- 1 red chili finely minced
Preheat a grill pan or BBQ over medium high heat. Rub the corn with oil and grill until charred and cooked through on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Once cool enough, remove the corn kernels from the husk by running a sharp knife down the corn core.
Create a bed of microgreens and sprouts. Top with the corn and drizzle with the dressing.
Top with some additional microgreens, sprouts, the peanuts, and chili. Serve at room temperature.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 392IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg