Middle Eastern Shaved Zucchini & Carrot Salad
This recipe was inspired by a shaved summer zucchini salad I had at Taste of Toronto by Robbie Hojilla of Hudson Kitchen. I was so in love with its simplicity and flavour that I had to whip something up similar at home.
Servings 4 people
- 3 yellow zucchini thinly shaved with a potato peeler
- 2 green zucchini thinly shaved with a potato peeler
- 4 coloured carrots thinly shaved with a potato peeler
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sumac
- 3 tbsp pistachios finely chopped
- 1/4 pomegranate seeds only
- 1/4 cup feta finely crumbled
Put the shaved vegetables into the bowl.
Make the salad dressing by mixing together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, mustard and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Drizzle over the vegetables and sprinkle with the sumac, pistachio, pomegranate seeds and feta. Toss to coat and enjoy.