Slow Cooker Pomegranate Poached Pears
This slow cooker pomegranate poached pears is a vegan and gluten free treat that is refined sugar free! Perfect for healthy entertaining this holiday season!
Servings 8 people
- 8 forelle pears
- 2 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups late harvest Riesling
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Rind from half an orange
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
- Vanilla bean split (seeds and pod)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 4 cups Coconut Yogurt for serving
- Orange twists for garnish
Peel pears and remove the core with a melon baller. Transfer to the slowcooker with the juice, wine, molasses, cinnamon stick, orange, ginger, and vanilla bean. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Before serving, reduce the poaching liquid over high heat on the stove until thick and syrupy, about 8- 10 minutes.
Serve on a bed of yogurt with a drizzle of sauce, almonds and pomegranate seeds.