Easy Vegan Pasta Bake with Sausage, White Beans & Kale
This Easy Vegan Pasta Bake with Sausage, White Beans & Kale is a gluten free, protein packed, one pot super simple weeknight meal the whole family will love!
- 8 oz box of chickpea or lentil pasta (I used penne)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 380 g cooked spicy Italian vegan sausage, sliced (or mild for the kiddos)
- 19 oz can of no salt added white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby kale leaves stems removed
- 680 ml can of tomato sauce (your favourite brand)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch red chili flakes or to taste
- 2 cups vegan strong flavoured cheese or aged white cheddar, divided shredded
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Cook pasta according to box instructions minus 1-2 minutes from the recommended cooking time.
Add the oil to a casserole dish over medium high heat. Add the sausage and brown on both sides. Add the kale leaves and toss until wilted. Set aside.
Add the tomato sauce, oregano, balsamic, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and chili and cook until simmering, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the pasta, sausage, kale, and white beans, along with 1 ½ cups of the cheese. Toss to coat.
Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1094mg | Potassium: 879mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2878IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 16mg