Healthy Crispy Chickpea Greek Salad with Pomegranates & Tzatziki Drizzle
Greek salad is kind of my deal. The combination of fresh vegetables, salty feta and olives, and sharp vinaigrette just really makes me happy.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Pinch pepper and za’atar pinch of each
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Tzatziki Dip Mix 1 1/2 tsp reserved
- 1 1/4 cups Nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can of chickpeas drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 tsp Hidden Valley Tzatziki Dip Mix
- 3 cups baby kale sliced chiffonade
- 1 English cucumber finely diced
- 1 cup baby tomatoes sliced or quartered
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 3 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Pinch salt, pepper and sumac pinch of each
In a small container, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, honey, salt, pepper and za’atar. Set aside.
Set aside 1 1/2 tsp. of the Hidden Valley Tzatziki Dip mix and mix the remaining mix with the Greek yogurt. Transfer to a squeeze bottle and set aside.
Preheat the broiler. Toss the dried chickpeas with the reserved 1 1/2 tsp of dip mix and spread out onto a baking sheet. Broil until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the kale with the lemon dressing and massage until well coated. Add in the cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, pomegranates, feta, pine nuts and a pinch each of salt, pepper and sumac. Toss in the crispy chickpeas.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 6300IU | Vitamin C: 112.9mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 1.9mg