Healthy Crispy Chickpea Greek Salad with Pomegranates & Tzatziki Drizzle
Greek salad is kind of my deal. The combination of fresh vegetables, salty feta and olives, and sharp vinaigrette just really makes me happy.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Pinch pepper and za’atar pinch of each
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Tzatziki Dip Mix 1 1/2 tsp reserved
- 1 1/4 cups Nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can of chickpeas drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 tsp Hidden Valley Tzatziki Dip Mix
- 3 cups baby kale sliced chiffonade
- 1 English cucumber finely diced
- 1 cup baby tomatoes sliced or quartered
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 3 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Pinch salt, pepper and sumac pinch of each
In a small container, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, honey, salt, pepper and za’atar. Set aside.
Set aside 1 1/2 tsp. of the Hidden Valley Tzatziki Dip mix and mix the remaining mix with the Greek yogurt. Transfer to a squeeze bottle and set aside.
Preheat the broiler. Toss the dried chickpeas with the reserved 1 1/2 tsp of dip mix and spread out onto a baking sheet. Broil until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the kale with the lemon dressing and massage until well coated. Add in the cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, pomegranates, feta, pine nuts and a pinch each of salt, pepper and sumac. Toss in the crispy chickpeas.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 6300IU | Vitamin C: 112.9mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 1.9mg