Cauliflower Protein Porridge Peppermint Mocha Bowl (Gluten Free, Vegan, Grain Free)
This Peppermint Mocha Latte Protein Porridge aka. noats is loaded with protein, while also being oatmeal free, dairy free, gluten free, low carb and keto friendly for those following restrictive diets.
Servings 4 people
- 500 g 4-5 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups coconut soy or almond milk
- 2 tbsp 1 oz brewed espresso
- 4 egg whites beaten until frothy
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sugar syrup or sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Crushed candy canes optional
- Dairy free mini chocolate chips optional
- Additional non dairy milk optional
Combine the cauliflower rice, hemp hearts, cocoa, salt, milk, and espresso in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Stir until the cauliflower thaws and everything mixes together. Continue to cook until the mixture thickens, about 7-8 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, and add in the frothy beaten egg whites, whisking continuously for about 30 seconds.
Add in the peppermint and vanilla extract, pop the lid on the pot and let sit for 1 minute.
Sweeten to taste, if desired.
Serve as is or top with candy canes, chocolate chips and additional non dairy milk.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 550mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 5mg