Vegan Everything Bagel Avocado White Bean Sandwich
This Vegan Everything Bagel Avocado White Bean Sandwich is a great back to school or college dorm room lunch that’s packed with plant based protein! Made in only a couple of minutes with pantry staples!
Servings 4 people
Avocado White Bean Puree:
- 1 can no salt added white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 small or 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Homemade Everything Bagel Spice or 2 tbsp Trader Joes Everything But the Bagel Spice
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 large heirloom tomato sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup sprouts
To a food processor puree the white beans with the olive oil until they are fairly well mashed.
Add in the avocado, lemon juice, zest, and salt and pepper to taste and pulse until combined.
Spread the vegan cream cheese on the bottom of one piece of bread. Layer the everything bagel spice, tomato, the avocado mixture, more everything bagel mix, red onion, sprouts, and whatever everything bagel spice is left.
- Feel free to give the bread a little toast so it’s easier to spread your puree onto the bread.
- Don’t have bread? Try this on a bagel or even a tortilla wrap.
- Your sprouts can be swapped for any microgreens or even baby spinach. This sandwich is very easy to customize to whatever you have on hand.
- Did you know you can freeze bread? If you can’t finish a whole loaf of bread in time, you can freeze the rest!
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 926mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 489IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3mg