This Vegan Everything Bagel Avocado White Bean Sandwich is a great back to school or college dorm room lunch that’s packed with plant based protein!
Guys. I know it may be getting excessive but I legit cannot get enough of everything bagel spice. The other day at the cottage I had a PERFECTLY toasted everything bagel. This reignited with passion for the stuff. You’ve seen me throw everything bagel onto chicken breasts, devilled egg/ avocados, mac and cheese, egg bakes and salad. This week I thought I would whip up a mother of a sandwich to celebrate the “most wonderful time of the year” – back to school!
How to Make this Vegan Everything Bagel Avocado White Bean Sandwich
I’m totally obsessed with combining avocado with white beans to boost fibre and protein. I do it in my avocado toast in Mindful Glow. It’s become a quick hack to improve the nutrition of any of my avo-meals. This vegan everything bagel avocado white bean mixture starts by pureeing white beans with avocado. Then I add olive oil, lemon juice, and of course some everything bagel spice. I then dress this sammy up with all of the usual bagel fixings. I like to add tomato, red onion, vegan cream cheese and sprouts.
Can I Make this Vegan Everything Bagel Avocado White Bean Sandwich Gluten Free?
You bet! Just use a gluten free bread! Here’s one of my faves.
Can I Make this Everything Bagel Avocado White Bean Sandwich NOT Vegan?
Why not! Just use regular cream cheese and if you’re feeling fancy, throw on some smoked salmon!
Can I Make this Can I Make this Vegan Everything Bagel Avocado White Bean Sandwich in Advance to Make it More Back to School or Dorm Room Friendly?
I recommend assembling the day you plan to eat it. You can also make the avocado white bean mixture a day ahead and place plastic wrap right on top of the mixture in the fridge to prevent browning.
If you liked this post, you may like:
Now friends, tell me what are some of your go to back to school or College dorm room favourites?
Leave me a comment below!
Vegan Everything Bagel Avocado White Bean Sandwich
- Avocado White Bean Puree:
- 1 can no salt added white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 small or 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Everything Bagel Spice:
- 2 tbsp Everything Bagel Spice recipe
- OR 2 tbsp Trader Joes Everything But the Bagel Spice
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 large heirloom tomato sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup sprouts
- To a food processor puree the white beans with the olive oil until they are fairly well mashed. Add in the avocado, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and pulse until combined.
- Spread the vegan cream cheese on the bottom of one piece of bread. Top with a pinch of everything bagel spice, tomato, the avocado mixture, a generous sprinkle of everything bagel mix, red onion, sprouts and the remaining everything bagel spice.
Updated on May 12th, 2020
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.