Vegan Bean & Frozen Vegetable Soup
This Vegan Bean & Frozen Vegetable Soup is an easy recipe to use up your pantry and freezer staples for those of you who stocked up for Covid-19 social isolation.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil1 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 28 oz can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 4 c low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups canned low sodium vegetable juice or tomato juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 tsp brown sugar or maple syrup or to taste
- 8 cups frozen vegetables of your choice
- 1 19 oz can low sodium chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 19 oz can low sodium red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Vegan parmesan style cheese for serving (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, juice, broth, thyme, oregano..... Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
Add in the frozen vegetables, chickpeas, kidney beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until all of the vegetables are warmed through and softened.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with vegan cheese, if desired.