These sugar snap peas with guacamole and roasted chickpeas make for a delicious and refreshing plant-based snack that is balanced with hunger crushing compounds like protein, fat, and fiber.
Sugar snap peas have quickly become one of my favourite raw veggies to snack on. With the perfect combination of crunch to sweetness, it doesn’t take long before I finish a whole bag in one sitting. So to stretch out my sugar snap pea obsession to keep me fuller for longer, I make sure to pair it with a source of protein and fat to make it a Hunger Crushing Combo™.
What Makes Sugar Snap Peas with Guac a Balanced Snack?
One of my favourite ways to balance sugar snap peas as a snack is by pairing it with some guacamole for a dose of healthy fats and some roasted chickpeas for protein. In total, this snack provides a whopping 12 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber. Which means we have all the flavour, all the crunch, and all the hunger crushing compounds invited to the party to keep you feeling full and satisfied between meals.
Sugar Snap Peas
- Provides 1-2 grams of fiber per 1 cup serving
- Can be interchanged with snow peas but snap peas have a sweeter flavour profile
- You can also substitute or combine with other raw veggies like carrot or celery sticks
- Avocado is loaded with healthy monounsaturated fat
- 1/2 an avocado provides 7 grams of fiber which is equal to 25% of your daily fiber needs
- You can make guacamole from scratch or buy pre-prepared options
- To prevent your guacamole from going brown in the fridge, you can squeeze lemon juice overtop to prevent oxidization and store in an air tight container
- Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein
- Provides 7 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup serving
- You can make roasted chickpeas from scratch or buy them pre-made
MORE HUNGER CRUSHING COMBO™ SNACKS YOU MIGHT LIKE
If you liked this sugar snap pea snack combo, then you are going to love more of these balanced snack ideas:
- Hard Boiled Egg Snack with Veggies & Olives
- Popcorn Mix with Nuts & Jerky
- Edamame Snack with Fruit & Nuts
Did you enjoy these sugar snap peas with guacamole and roasted chickpeas?
What other veggies would you dip in this Hunger Crushing Combo™?
Let me know your thoughts down in the comments below.
Sugar Snap Peas with Guacamole (Hunger Crushing Combo™ Snack #8)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- Portion guacamole, roasted chickpeas, and sugar snap peas in a bowl or plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.