This edamame snack with mandarin orange slices and cashews is packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and antioxidant action making it an excellent Hunger Crushing Combo™ snack to add to your repertoire.
This edamame snack is a plant-based lovers dream! Not only is the vibrant colour combination easy on the eyes, but it is also vegan friendly, balanced, easy to whip up in a flash, and a great way to integrate edamame into your snack game. Interested in learning more about my Hunger Crushing Combo™ philosophy? We break down the research for why you should be combining protein, fiber, and fats at every snack and meal.
Why is this Edamame Snack a Balanced Option?
This edamame snack provides 11 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber, along with some antioxidant action for good measure. This Hunger Crushing Combo™ snack is a great way to give your snack a bit of Asian flare in the most balanced and delicious way.
- Provides 5 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber per 1/4 cup serving
- A complete plant-based protein (i.e. it contains ALL amino acids) making it an excellent protein option for vegans and vegetarians
- Can be steamed, microwaved, panfried or roasted
- If you want to eliminate the extra prep work, you can opt for pre-made roasted edamame
- Research has shown that regular consumption of soy protein (i.e. edamame) can reduce cholesterol levels
- Worried about the alleged health risks of eating soy? Then you’ll want to read my breakdown of the research where I debunk this common health myth
Mandarin Orange Slices
- 2 small mandarin oranges provides 3 grams of fiber
- An excellent source of vitamin C (54% of your daily recommendation)
- Can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the fridge for 6 weeks
- A 3-in-1 combo of protein, fiber AND healthy fats
- Provides 7 grams of protein and 1 gram of fiber for every 1/4 cup serving
- A source of healthy monounsaturated fats
- Rich in antioxidants like polyphenols and carotenoids
- Choose dry roasted or raw unsalted cashews more often
More Hunger Crushing Combo™ Snacks You Might Like
If you enjoyed this edamame snack and are itching for more inspo, then these snacks may satisfy your needs:
- Sliced Apple with Almond & Yogurt Dip
- Tomato and Cheese Plate with Olives
- Cottage Cheese Bowl with Fruit & Nuts
Did you enjoy this edamame snack?
What fruit and nut combinations would you try?
Let me know down in the comments below!
Edamame Snack with Fruit and Nuts (Hunger Crushing Combo™ Snack #5)
- 1 -2 mandarin orange
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup edamame
- Portion mandarin orange, edamame, and cashews on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.