This hard boiled egg snack with veggies and olives will give you another reason to love your snack break! Balanced with protein, healthy fats, and fiber, this snack is about to crush your hunger in a major way.
If you are the type to meal prep hard boiled eggs at the beginning of the week (or even if you aren’t) then this hard boiled egg snack with veggies and olives was made for you. While I love a good hard boiled egg as an easy grab-and-go hunger crusher, pairing it with sliced bell peppers and olives give it that little extra *oomph* to keep me feeling satiated for longer. We also eat with our eyes, so adding a bit of colour and variety to this hard boiled egg snack makes it that much more appetizing as a workday pick-me-up!
Why is this hard boiled egg snack with veggies balanced?
This hard boiled egg snack provides 13 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, and is loaded with healthy fats! And if you are familiar with my Hunger Crushing Combo™ philosophy, then you know that this makes for the perfect balanced snack to keep your energy levels even keeled between meals.
Hard Boiled Eggs
- Provides 12 grams of protein for every 2 eggs
- Eggs are packed with nutrients including Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Choline, and Iron
- Hard boiled eggs can be batch prepped ahead of time and enjoyed all week as an easy protein for snacks and meals
- Worried about the cholesterol in eggs? We break down the research and discuss this common health myth.
- 1 medium bell pepper provides 2 grams of fiber
- One of the richest sources of vitamin C (1/2 a medium bell pepper provides 100% of your daily recommendation)
- If you like sweeter bell peppers choose red, yellow, or orange
- An excellent source of healthy monounsaturated fats
- Provides 3 grams of fiber for every 1/2 cup serving
- Rich in antioxidants like Vitamin E
- If you don’t like the bitterness of green olives, black olives contain less bitter compounds
- Canned varieties often contain high amounts of sodium so be sure to rinse them with cold water to reduce sodium intake
More Hunger Crushing Combo™ Snacks You Might Like
If you enjoyed this hard boiled egg snack with veggies, then you are also going to love more of our favourite hunger crushing snacks!
Have you tried making this hard boiled egg snack?
Let me know down in the comments below!
Hard Boiled Egg Snack with Veggies (Hunger Crushing Combo™ Snack #7)
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 1 cup bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup olives
- Combine egg, olives, and bell peppers on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.