This carrots and cheese plate with turkey slices makes for the perfect savoury hunger crushing combo™ snack to keep you feeling fuller for longer in between meals.
If your snack craving calls for something on the savoury side, look no further than this carrots and cheese plate with turkey slices. This hunger crushing snack is as easy as throwing a few odds and ends onto your plate and calling it a lazy mans charcuterie board. If you want to learn more about the science behind the Hunger Crushing Combo™ and why this works, we’ve broken down the research for you so you can become a pro at balancing your snacks.
Why is this Carrots and Cheese Plate a Great Balanced Snack?
This carrots and cheese plate is an excellent Hunger Crushing Combo™ for days when you are craving a savoury pick me up! It provides 15 grams of protein from the turkey slices and cheese, 4 grams of fiber from the carrots, and fats from the cheese cubes for good measure. Think of it as a deconstructed sandwich without the bread!
Turkey Breast Slices
- Provides 2 grams of protein per slice
- Look for a low or reduced sodium option
- Can substitute any deli meat of your choosing
- Provides 2-3 grams of fiber per 1 cup serving
- A great source of fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A and K
- Option to substitute or mix in a handful of celery sticks for added variety
Cheddar Cheese Cubes
- Provides 14 grams of protein per 1/2 cup serving
- Excellent source of calcium, fat, vitamin A, and B12
- Cheddar cheese is low in lactose making it lactose friendly
- Other lactose friendly cheeses you can swap include parmesan and Swiss cheese
More Hunger Crushing Combo™ Snacks You Might Like
If this carrots and cheese plate was your jam, then you’ll love these balanced snack ideas:
- Cottage Cheese Bowl with Pecans & Fruit
- Hard Boiled Egg Snack with Veggies
- Tomato and Cheese Plate with Olives
Did you enjoy this carrots and cheese plate?
Did it help keep you full between meals?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Carrots and Cheese Plate (Hunger Crushing Combo™ #2)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cubes
- 2 -4 turkey slices
- Portion cheese cubes, turkey slices, and carrots on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.