This tomato and cheese plate with olives is the perfect Hunger Crushing Combo™ to satisfy your snack attack with some Mediterranean flare.
I think we can all agree that a cheese snack is as satisfying as can be. But why not make it even MORE satisfying and tasty by giving it the Hunger Crushing Combo™ treatment? This tomato and cheese plate with olives will fulfil your Mediterranean culinary fantasies in snack form. With the perfect blend of salty, sour, and refreshing, your snack game is about to get a serious glow up.
Why Is This Tomato and Cheese Plate a Balanced Snack?
This combination of olives, tomato, and cheese provides 11 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber making it an excellent snack option to keep your hunger at bay between meals. If you wanted to bulk up this tomato and cheese plate you could even turn it into a salad meal by tossing it with your favourite greens, some beans or tuna, and an olive-based dressing. If you need some inspo, you can check out my favourite Tuna Greek Salad.
- Provides 2 grams of fiber for every 1/2 cup serving
- Excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants like lutein, lycopene, and beta carotene
- You can substitute for tomato slices from larger tomatoes if you prefer (or any other raw veggie)
Baby Mozzarella Cheese Balls
- A source of both protein and fat
- Provides 8 grams of protein per 1 cup
- An excellent source of calcium
- An excellent source of healthy fats
- Provides 3 grams of fiber for every 1/2 cup serving
- Rich in antioxidants like Vitamin E
- If you don’t like the bitterness of green olives, black olives contain less bitter compounds
- Canned varieties often contain high amounts of sodium from the brine so be sure to rinse them with cold water to reduce sodium intake
More Hunger Crushing Combo™ Snacks You Might Like
If you can’t get enough of this tomato and cheese plate, then let me put you onto some more of our favourite snack combos:
Did you enjoy this tomato and cheese plate as a snack?
What other hunger crushing compounds would you add to this?
Let me know your thoughts down in the comments below!
Tomato and Cheese Plate (Hunger Crushing Combo™ Snack #3)
- 1 cup cherry tomato
- 1 cup cheese balls
- 1/2 cup olives
- Portion cherry tomatoes, cheese, and olives in a bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.
This looks fantastic, except I don’t really like olives. Are there some similar options I could use instead of olives?
Abbey Sharp says
You can omit the olives completely as the cheese provides fat as well.