TheseÂ Vegan Nutella Cheesecake Chocolate Cups are the perfect Valentine’s Day Healthy Gluten Free Dessert Recipe to impress your sweetie!
This weekend we celebrate something near and dear to my heart- National Nutella Day! It’s also not a coincidence that this lands in the same month as Valentine’s Day because Nutella basically is synonymous with love. To celebrate this year, I polled all of you on my Instagram stories and Facebook page on what kind of recipes you would like to see and it was such a close race I decided I had to make them both. So today we will kick off my week of Nutella with these Vegan Nutella Cheesecake Chocolate Cups.
How to Make Vegan Nutella Cheesecake Chocolate Cups
I worked really hard at creating a vegan better-for-you Nutella recipe that isn’t cloyingly sweet and have used it previously in my Banana Nutella Nice Cream, and it was always such a hit, I knew I had to bust it out again. I also know how much you guys all love my PB Banana Chocolate Cups, and Tahini Caramel Cups, so I wanted to come up with a new chocolate cups recipe for the occasion.
So today we are mixing that delicious Nutella base with vegan cream cheese and using that to fill a crunchy chocolate shell, topping the whole thing off with some crushed hazelnuts for a little crunch.
Now, can you use store bought Nutella? OBVIOUSLY. Can you use regular cream cheese? OF COURSE. And if you do, this recipe will be EVEN easier.
The key is the technique. When filling your silicon muffin cup molds, you want to start with a light layer of melted chocolate. Put that in the freezer to set. Then, you want to transfer your Nutella cheesecake mousse into a piping bag and pipe out a little poo-looking mound. Yes, I called it poo-looking, but that’s the best way to describe this. You want to make sure the “poo” doesn’t touch the sides of the cupcake so you can get a nice clean cup when you unwrap it. Then just fill the rest of the cup up with melted chocolate and finish with crushed hazelnuts.
When my hubby tried these vegan nutella cheesecake chocolate cups he asked me if we could pretend it was national nutella day every month. I am definitely going to be using these chocolate cups as a bribe for a wide variety of parenting chores – #MomHack.
Now loves, what kind of recipes would you like to see more of for the next foodie holiday?
How are you celebrating national nutella day?
Have you tried myVegan Nutella Cheesecake Chocolate Cups?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Vegan Nutella Cheesecake Chocolate Cups
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared nutella
- Maple syrup to taste
- 300 g dark dairy-free chocolate chopped
- 4 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 hazelnuts toasted and finely chopped for garnish
- In a bowl, microwave the chocolate with the coconut oil on 50% power in 30 second increments until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Prepare 12 silicon muffin molds on a baking sheet and add a thin layer of chocolate to the bottom of the molds. Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a high speed blender, puree the hazelnuts with the coconut oil, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the blender, puree the cream cheese with 1/3 cup of nutella until smooth. Add maple, to taste, if desired. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe mounds (that look a bit like poo) onto the frozen chocolate bottom in the muffin tins, being careful not to touch the sides. Cover the mounds with the melted chocolate and top with the chopped hazelnuts. Transfer to the freezer to set up for at least an hour.
- Unmold when ready to eat and enjoy!
Updated on July 21st, 2020
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.