These vegan sundried tomato sweet potato bites make a great easy gluten free holiday appetizer recipe for entertaining this festive season!
#AppiesForLife. I’m starting that hashtag by the way. Honestly though, if I had a car (I don’t), I would probably need a bumper sticker with that phrase because appetizers are my spirit animal. I could happily skip any meal if it meant indulging in extra apps because it’s just so much more fun to eat with your hands.
These gluten free vegan sundried tomato sweet potato bites are perfect for entertaining because they accommodate a wide range of dietary restrictions and palates. We all have friends or family who are unable to eat dairy, meat, or gluten, are on special diets like Paleo, or are just watching their weight. I don’t like having ‘hangry’ dinner guests, so it’s important to me that I have some goodies that everyone can enjoy.
Rather than making 5 different apps, I turned to Miscela, a new product that was recently launched by Derlea Foods, to create these gluten free vegan sundried tomato sweet potato bites – which totally satisfy the masses!
How to Make Vegan Sundried Tomato Sweet Potato Bites With Miscela
These sweet potato bites start by roasting off pretty little coins of potato that will soon become our edible spoon. Then I whip up a dairy-free vegan “cream” using (cream-free) cashews! This is your blank canvas, folks- it’s time to add some flavour!
Thankfully, flavour doesn’t have to be time consuming or complicated. My go-to holiday short cut is Miscela’s Sundried Tomato blend. On a normal day, I throw a spoonful into my quinoa, eggs, sandwiches or chicken breasts but it’s a natural pairing for holiday appetizers. I used the Sun-Dried Tomato Miscela flavor, but feel free to mix it up with their other blends: Sweet Pepper, Corn, Olive or Black Bean. The best part about Miscela’s blends? They’re also kosher, low in calories and sodium and gluten-free.
Seriously guys, I don’t care if you’re a cheese-fiend carnivore, you’re going to want to stand next to these vegan sundried tomato sweet potato bites on the buffet line because they’re JUST-THAT-GOOD.
Now, I want to know – what are some of your go-to fast easy holiday appetizers? Have you tried making these vegan Sundried Tomato Sweet Potato Bites? Leave me a comment below with some of your thoughts!
Disclaimer: This post was developed in paid partnership with Miscela, however, all opinions are genuine.
Vegan Sundried Tomato Sweet Potato Bites
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and sliced into 8 ¼” rounds
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup cashews soaked in the fridge over night
- ½ cup Miscela Sundried Tomato Blend divided Miscela Sundried Tomato blend
- micro basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Brush the sweet potato rounds with olive oil and season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Place onto the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and roast for another 15 minutes until tender and golden on the other side.
- Meanwhile, in a high power blender or food processor, puree the cashews until very smooth, then add in 3 tablespoons of the Miscela Sundried Tomato Tapenade. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe a generous dollop onto each sweet potato round, finish with about two teaspoons of extra of the Miscela tapenade, and a micro basil leaf. Enjoy at room temperature.
Updated on May 12th, 2020
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.