This sliced apple with almond & yogurt dip is packed with protein, fiber, and flavour and will elevate your fruit snack to hunger crushing proportions.
Fruit is arguably the easiest most portable snack I can think of. Need a snack in a pinch? You grab an apple or banana and you go on your merry way. While fruit on its own is a great snack that provides energizing carbs, fiber, and micronutrients, why not stretch out the staying power by pairing it with some protein? Enter this sliced apple snack with almond and yogurt dip. The protein and fats from the almond butter and yogurt make this snack Hunger Crushing Combo™ approved (and also a little more exciting).
Why is this Sliced Apple with Dip a Balanced Snack?
This sliced apple snack with almond & yogurt dip provides 14 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber, making it the perfect Hunger Crushing Combo™ to keep your energy levels up and take you from one meal to the next. This snack is also super versatile as you can switch out the fruit based on what you have on hand, sub in your choice of nut butter (or choose one that is allergy friendly), and play around with your favourite yogurt varieties.
- A source of both protein and fat
- Greek yogurt provides 7 grams of protein for every 1/3 cup serving
- A great source of calcium, vitamin D, and gut healthy probiotics
- Overwhelmed with what Yogurt option is best for you? We shared our tips for choosing the best yogurt for you as well as their nutritional benefits
- 1 medium apple provides 2-4 grams of fiber
- A great source of vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants
- You can combine with other dippable fruit options for added variety (i.e. strawberries, banana, pineapple)
- A 3-in-1 combo of protein, fat, AND fiber
- Provides 5 grams of protein and 2 gram of fiber per 2 tablespoons
- You can swap in any nut butter of your choice including peanut, cashew, or walnut butters
- If you don’t have any nut butter on hand, you can also take a few spoonfuls of powdered peanut butter and mix it into the Greek yogurt to create a delicious peanut butter flavoured mousse
- If you have a peanut allergy, you can substitute with Sun Butter (made from sunflower seeds), or WOW butter (made from soy)
MORE HUNGER CRUSHING COMBO™ SNACKS YOU MIGHT LIKE
What are your thoughts on this dippable sliced apple snack?
What are some other high protein dips that you can think of to make this hunger crushing combo™ approved?
Let me know your thoughts down in the comments below!
Sliced Apple with Almond and Yogurt Dip
- 1 apple
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Portion sliced apple, Greek yogurt, and almond butter on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.
Leave a Comment