Upgrade your lunch game with these vegan chickpea salad wraps. Pack your lunch with this nutritious and flavourful wrap to properly fuel your day! No need to find a microwave.
Lunches in my house HAVE to be fast, and wraps are one of my favourite fast ways to use up random ingredients in the house. But obviously, we don’t make boring wraps here at Abbey’s Kitchen, so I’m pulling all the stops and packing these chickpea salad wraps with ALL OF THE THINGS.
I don’t know about you, but I love a good chickpea salad. It’s nutritious, satiating and is so inexpensive (and easy) to make a HUGE batch of it for the week. If you haven’t already, you must try my Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwich which is another great healthy lunch option. This time, I’m adding some delicious Moroccan flavours and turning my vegan chickpea salad into a super easy, fast, and family friendly plant-based wrap.
Table of contents
Why This Recipe Works
You will absolutely love this vegan chickpea salad wrap. They’re such an easy lunch recipe that everyone will love. Need some more convincing?
- Meal prep friendly.
- No need to microwave lunch.
- Full of healthy goodness.
- Easily customized to your liking.
Chickpeas — This is another great way to add some extra fibre and protein, but you could also omit these or use a different canned bean.
Olives — I love the salty kick from the green onions.
Pistachios — Not only are pistachios healthy, but they also add a nice crunch to the wraps.
Couscous — If you’re able to find whole grain couscous, they are an amazing source of fibre.
Spinach — Spinach is a nutritious, leafy green vegetable that is an excellent source of vitamin K as well as being a source of magnesium, calcium and phosphorus.
How to Make This Recipe
Step 1: To a bowl, lightly mash the chickpeas and remove any excess skins that fall off.
Step 2: Add the mayonnaise, harissa, paprika, turmeric, and a pinch each of salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Season the couscous with paprika, salt, and pepper.
Step 4: To a wrap, combine the chickpea mixture, couscous, spinach, olives, apricots, and pistachios. Roll up the vegan chickpea salad wrap, cut it in half, and enjoy.
Other wraps you can try are spinach wraps or swap the wrap entirely for collared greens, lettuce, or pita bread.
Add more heat to these vegan chickpea salad wraps with the addition of some hot sauce to the mayo.
Make these a bit cheesy with the addition of nutritional yeast!
I recommend making these vegan chickpea salad wrap the night before or the day you’re eating them, but you can make all of the components 3-5 days ahead and just assemble them at the last minute.
Of course! Make them your own! Legit use whatever you have leftover in the fridge.
You can swap the couscous for quinoa. You can even swap apricot for dried cranberries or dried mangos. Feel free to add whatever you have. Bell peppers, broccoli, and carrots make for a great addition as well. You can also try using pecans or walnuts in place of pistachios.
More Recipes You Might Like
Want more easy vegan lunch ideas like these vegan chickpea salad wraps? Try these reader favourites:
- Collard Wraps (3 Ways)
- Vegan Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Vegan Quesadilla
- Everything Bagel White Bean Sandwich
Now I want to hear from you! What would you add to your vegan wrap? Let me know by leaving me a comment below!
Moroccan Vegan Chickpea Wraps
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp harissa or to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can no salt added chickpeas drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Wrap
- 1/2 cup cooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large whole wheat wraps
- 1 cup spinach shredded
- 1/4 cup green olives sliced
- 1/4 cup apricots sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios minced
- To a bowl, lightly mash the chickpeas and remove any excess skins that fall off.
- Add the mayonnaise, harissa, paprika, turmeric and a pinch each of salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the couscous with the paprika, salt and pepper.
- To a wrap, combine the chickpea mixture, couscous, spinach, olives, apricots, and pistachios. Roll up, cut in half and enjoy.
- Other wraps you can try are spinach wraps or swap the wrap entirely for collared greens, lettuce, or pita bread.
- Add more heat to these vegan chickpea salad wraps with the addition of some hot sauce to the mayo.
- Make these a bit cheesy with the addition of nutritional yeast!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.