This chocolate tahini mousse with pomegranate and pistachios is a perfect Valentine’s Day dessert recipe filled with good-for-you ingredients!
Valentine’s Day to me is all about indulging ourselves in our greatest pleasures in life. And let’s be honest- for most of us, that’s chocolate. It’s not a proper Valentine’s Day without a load of rich dark chocolate.
And since it’s the holiday of sharing, I think that preparing a delicious meal or dish for your sweetie is a lovely way to show your love. But of course, depending on your relationship status, this needs to be approached with some care. Honestly, in my married status, I would be more than happy just to sit on the couch with my hubs watching The Crown with a chocolate bar in hand. But if you’re newly dating you probably want to put some effort into the day, while making sure not to overdo it. Trust me, once you bust out the 10-course meal once, you set the bar just a bit too high for subsequent years. This is where this Chocolate Tahini Mousse with Pomegranate & Pistachios really comes into play.
How to Make Chocolate Tahini Mousse with Pomegranate and Pistachios
With the subtle nutty aroma of tahini and the tangy lick of pomegranate molasses, this Chocolate Tahini Mousse is so much more than a basic chocolate mousse. But while it looks and tastes impressive, it’s as easy as picking up a drug store card and writing “I love you” inside.
Since this Chocolate Tahini Mousse is so simple, you’ve got to start with the best possible ingredients. I always use Green & Blacks chocolate for baking (and let’s be honest, just straight up snacking, too) because it’s made with all natural fair trade ingredients and are super high quality. They’ve got a bunch of yummy flavours like Orange, Ginger, Mint, Burnt Toffee and Butterscotch, but I go straight for the 70% Dark in this recipe.
I also use a touch of pomegranate molasses in this Chocolate Tahini Mousse recipe to compliment the nutty tahini and super rich chocolate. If you’re like “WHAT the WHAT is pom molasses?”, I’ve created a whole video on the topic for you to peruse.
Plus, pomegranates are right up there on the list with chocolate for super sexy foods. Here’s a little foodie factoid you can bust out if things get awkward on your Valentine’s Day date – did you know that pomegranates are often hypothesized to be the ORIGINAL forbidden fruit? Move over apple, pomegranates are much more sexy in my books.
The result is a decadent Chocolate Tahini Mousse that is almost completely dairy free (aside from the small amount in the chocolate), is packed with nutritious ingredients and is OMG good.
Now that I’m all hyped up on chocolate talk, I want to know:
What are your favourite chocolate recipes?
What are you making for dessert this Valentine’s Day?
Have you tried this Chocolate Tahini Mousse with Pomegranate & Pistachios?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Chocolate Tahini Mousse with Pomegranate & Pistachios
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tbsp Green & Black’s 70% Dark Chocolate curled or shaved for garnish
- Place the coconut milk in the fridge overnight to separate the solids from the liquid. Remove from the fridge, flip over and open up the bottom of the can (the solids will have solidified on the top). Discard the liquid, and place the coconut cream in a bowl. Using electric beaters, beat the cream until fluffy and light. Add in the coconut sugar, pomegranate molasses, vanilla, and salt, and beat until well combined.
- Fill a medium pot an inch high with water. Place the pot on the burner over medium heat and bring the water to a gentle simmer. Place the Green & Black’s chocolate and tahini in a large heat-proof bowl and set over a pot. Let the chocolate melt, stirring often until smooth and melted.
- Use a spatula or hand whisk to mix the chocolate into the mousse until well combined.
- Divide between four small serving dishes and top with pistachios, pomegranate and chocolate curls. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This recipe was developed in paid partnership with Green & Blacks Organic chocolate, however, all opinions are genuine.
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian, an avid food writer and blogger, a cookbook author and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc.