This gluten free pasta ramen noodles is low in carbs and packed with flavour.
Ramen noodles have become super trendy in the past few years, and coincidentally so has going gluten free. Gluten free pasta is now pretty easy to find, but low carb gluten free pasta? WHAT?
Gluten Free Pasta That’s Also Low Carbs?
It’s true. While most gluten free pasta products out there are actually higher in calories, I found a solution that will make everyone excited to slurp up a big bowl of noodles.
Thank you Tofu Shirataki noodles. Seriously guys, this is THE OFFICIAL Low Carb Gluten Free Pasta.
A half cup (half the bag) is just 15 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, and only 3 grams of carbs. The result is a bowl of comforting noodle soup without the calorie bomb bloat. I also added in some easy baked chicken breast and a soft boiled egg for extra protein and flavour.
Remember when ramen restaurants completely took over your city as the hottest thing since sliced bread? Remember having to line up for like 45 minutes just to get a seat and a bowl of hot steaming carb-loaded noodles? Forget about it. This recipe delivers all the flavour and comfort of those restaurant ramen noodles but without the heavy hit of calories or the queue in the cold. Yep, and lots of gluten free pasta goodness.You’re welcome.
If you want to cut carbs in calories in more tasty ways this winter, check out my recipe for Asian Cold Noodle Salad (you’re going to love it!)
Love traditional ramen noodles? How does this low carb version stack up? What is your favourite slurpable noodle dish that needs to be made into a gluten free pasta? Leave me a message below and I’ll give it a try!
Gluten Free Pasta Ramen Noodles with Chicken
- 1 chicken breast 6 oz
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp dried mushrooms pulverized to a powder
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium gluten free tamari
- 1/2 tbsp mirin
- 3 baby bok choy trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 tsp red chili pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot grated
- 2 green onions sliced on the bias
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F, about 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut into thin slices.
- Bring a small saucepot filled half way with water to a boil. Carefully lower a cold egg into the boiling water, reduce the temperature to medium low and simmer for 8 minutes. After the 8 minutes, immediately transfer to an ice bath to halt the cooking.
- Once it’s cool enough to touch, peel the egg and set aside. Allow to cool, then cut in half lengthwise to expose the yolk.
- Heat the olive and sesame oil in a medium sauce pot over medium heat, add in the ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, mushroom powder, tamari, and mirin and simmer with the lid on for 3 minutes on low. Add in the mushrooms and bok choy and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Taste, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the House Foods Tofu Shirataki noodles. Cut the noodles into smaller pieces and pat dry.
- Divide the noodles between two bowls, then add in the soup. Top with the sliced chicken, egg half, chili pepper, grated carrot, green onions, and bean sprouts.
Disclaimer: This recipe was developed in paid partnership with House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles, however, as always, all opinions are genuine.
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.