Mom’s Love Healthy Ricotta Pancakes
This incredible Weight Watchers recipe for Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes is perfect for a spring brunch for mom and the rest of the family. It’s one of my absolute favourite healthy breakfast recipes available to WW members because it feels inherently decadent and nothing like “diet-food,” but only has 5 WW points per serving! Food-loving WW members have access to oodles of unique, crowd-pleasing and inherently nutritious recipes to help them meet and maintain their healthy living goals. That kind of on-going support is definitely one of the huge benefits to becoming and remaining a member over the years as they’re always coming up with new ideas to keep me inspired and on track. To take advantage of Weight Watchers’ massive recipe bank and check out their unique new 24/7 Chat feature which I reviewed about here (insert link), check out their website here.
In the meantime, enjoy these luxuriously light healthy ricotta pancakes with mom and the rest of your family and friends. They have become a Sunday morning staple in my house thanks to their ethereal pillow-like texture, and that subtle citrus flavour from the lemon zest. If you think your favourite pancake recipe is light, moist and fluffy- just wait until you tuck into a stack of these! You can make them even more decadent by candying some lemon zest in simple syrup and sprinkling them lightly with pretty powdered sugar.
For a perfectly balanced brunch, I would serve these healthy ricotta pancakes with simply poached eggs, a seasonal fruit salad, and lots of French press coffee! You can also make a double batch, wrap them in tin foil and freeze them for a grab and go breakfast for busy mornings.
What are your favourite healthy pancakes recipes? Have you tried making ricotta pancakes? A big happy Mother’s Day to you and the special ladies in your life. I hope these pancakes make it a delicious day! Leave us a comment with your Mother’s Day plans!
Healthy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs yolks and whites separated
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest or more to taste
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 sprays non-stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together buttermilk, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and ricotta cheese by hand.
- In a clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture until just combined; gently fold in egg whites until they are just incorporated.
- Coat a large nonstick griddle or pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Spoon batter into pan in batches using 60ml (1/4-cup) batter for each pancake; cook until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove pancakes to a tray in a warm oven and repeat with remaining ingredients (being careful not to spray cooking spray into open flame). Yields 2 pancakes per serving.
Updated on May 8th, 2019
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.