I share my three gluten free and vegetarian holiday healthy dippers for hummus, including sweet potato chips, parmesan pizza twists and rosemary baked zucchini fries.
I know it sounds crazy but we’ve only got a few weeks before the holidays are officially here. That means that holiday parties already started like a month ago, and you’ve got to start planning your menu STAT.
As you guys know, this is the first holiday season that I have another human growing inside me, so I definitely don’t have the same stamina for a cooking marathon this year. So I’ve been relying on Sabra hummus for a fast, easy and tasty appetizer because it’s got an authentic flavour, and super creamy consistency and comes with variety of yummy toppings so it seems like a fancy app, but all I have to do is take it out of the fridge. These are the BEST kind of holiday appetizers because they get you out of the kitchen and spending more time with your friends and family. Unless that sounds like torture to you (I get that too) in which case plan the most elaborate dish you can fathom. Otherwise, hummus and these holiday healthy dippers are your BFF.
How to make Best Holiday Healthy Dippers for Hummus Dip
So most of us would just plow through our hummus with a bag of chips or pita bread, but if you want to impress your guests (and leave a little caloric wiggle room for pie later on), you’re going to want to try these Holiday Healthy Dippers for Hummus.
My first is this super tasty bowl of sweet potato chips. Unlike the typical fried version, this holiday healthy dipper is oven baked with just a hint of olive oil and your favourite spices. I serve these sweet potato chips with Sabra’s Roasted garlic Hummus.
My next Holiday Healthy Dippers for Hummus are my parmesan pesto pizza twists. These are totally addictive all on their own right, but are particularly delicious dipped into Sabra’s Supremely Spicy hummus!
Finally, my rosemary zucchini fries. This is legit the BEST way to eat your vegetables. Crispy, cheesy and perfect for dipping, you’re going to want to get lots of the Roasted Pine Nut hummus for these babies.
Now I want to know what are some of your favourite dippers for hummus?
Have you tried any of my favourite holiday healthy dippers?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Disclaimer: This post was developed in paid partnership with Sabra hummus, however, all opinions are genuine.
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Toss the sweet potatoes into a bowl and toss with oil, paprika and salt.
- Place on two baking sheets and bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 3 minutes until crisp.
- Dip into Sabra’s Roasted Garlic hummus.
Parmesan pesto pizza twists
- 1 lb gluten free pizza dough
- ¼ cup pesto
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured cutting board.
- Combine the parmesan, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and sprinkle half of it onto the dough.
- Spread the pesto out over the dough then cut the dough into 12 thin strips and twist the strips.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the parmesan again, then turn around to brush and sprinkle the other side.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and serve with Sabra’s Supremely Spicy hummus!
Rosemary Zucchini Fries
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 large zucchinis cut into ½ inch strips
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, paprika and rosemary in one bowl, and the eggs in another bowl. season both bowls with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Dip the zucchini into the eggs, then into the bread crumbs and transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes and then serve with Sabra’s Roasted Pine Nut hummus.
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.
Thanks very much for these recipes, looking forward to making these. The parmesan pesto pizza twists says to use whole wheat pizza dough but that’s not gluten free, is it? If not, do you have a substitution that could be used? Thanks again!
Abbey Sharp says
you’re right, i meant whole wheat or gf pizza dough!
Lauren O'Connor says
I’m all for the Rosemary Zucchini Fries. What a perfect dipper. : )
Abbey Sharp says
Yes! Super tasty 🙂